The main focus of how I work with couples is using PACT which is a Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy. I will use this model, as well as others to help you overcome the difficulties you are experiencing in your relationship.
These sessions may require a two hours session at times but will replace you needing to attend therapy every week for an extended amount of time. This model is a modern approach to which was developed out of exciting, cutting-edge research in three areas.
- The first is neuroscience, the study of the human brain.
- The second is attachment theory, which explains the biological need to bond with others.
- The third area is the biology of human arousal—meaning the moment-to-moment ability to manage one’s energy, alertness, and readiness to engage.
This recent thinking and understanding allows for deeper understanding of Couple Therapy and therefore gets to the heart of a problem more quickly and works with the underlying issues in the "here and now". Couples who are keen to do the work in this model report that issues are understood more quickly in real time in the room with me as their couple therapist. This had made their time in couple therapy shorter.
Friday 22 – Sunday 24 September
Weekend Retreat: Advanced Tools For Enlightened Couples
Join Melissa Ferrari for An Insightful and Inspirational Small Group Couples Weekend Retreat at the exclusive Lilianfels Resort and Spa in the Blue Mountains, NSW.
A couple’s retreat is a great way to re-connect with your partner and remind yourselves of why you are together in the first place. It can often seem as though we are on a roller-coaster of life, without the time to enjoy your connectedness as a couple. Sometimes resentments can build and communication can fall by the wayside, inhibiting your ability to feel close.
This couples retreat has been especially designed for couples to take time out together to re-discover their closeness, to feel the love and respect for each other as individuals and to celebrate that special, unique bond that you share with each other.
What You Will Learn
The retreat has been designed with a combination of group sessions and a one on one couples session with Melissa. The retreat will help you both:
- Deepen your connection and intimacy and help you better understand your partner
- Understand why feelings change as time goes on
- Learn to read your partner’s nonverbal behaviour
- Understand how biology plays an important part in keeping relationships alive
- Form mutually satisfying and lasting agreements based on fairness, justice and sensitivity
- How to bring more aliveness and negotiation to your relationship
- How to fight well together and stay engaged
- Move toward secure-functioning with your partner
- Learn how daily rituals can create the buffer needed for when tougher times strike
- Learn how to create a "couple bubble"
Fee: $3,500.00 per couple includes:
- 2 day program with couple relationship education and experiential learning in group and one-to-one session
- Private, exclusive spacious spa room
- All meals included:
- Buffet breakfast and lunch
- Friday night: 3-course dinner - table for two at the award winning hatted Darley’s restaurant
- Saturday night: 3-course dinner – table for two at the beautiful Wintergarden Restaurant at the Hydro Majestic Hotel, renowned for its innovative cuisine
- $100 spa voucher
For further information click here or to reserve your spot, please contact Melissa Ferrari on (02) 4733 4094 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more tips and information about love, relationships and happiness visit my Facebook page Love, Life, Relationships & Transformation