about melissa ferrari
"Melissa's knowledge of human behaviour is vast. Her insight's are truly amazing and her understanding is profound."
- Cheryl Keyes, Core Profile Trainer and Psychosomatic Therapist
Melissa's Consulting Rooms are only located in Penrith for Couple Therapy, Counselling, Life Coaching and Psychotherapy.
When choosing a couple therapist/ counsellor/psychotherapist it's important to ensure they are registered with governing associations like the Psychotherapists And Counsellors Federation of Australia (PACFA) - Click on the icon to see my profile where I am Clinically Registered with The Australian Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists for over 16 years now.
I am one of Sydney’s leaders in Relational Psychotherapy, Relationship Therapy and Coaching. As a specialist in the field for nearly 20 years I have worked with many people to help them live more fulfilling and happy lives. I help transform people by working with them individually or as a couple in private practice and in my one day or two-day weekend retreats.
One of the highlights of my career has been working with couples in workshops held in North Stradbroke Island in Australia’s South Queensland. I am also well known for having facilitated workshops and groups for men dealing with relationship and parenting issues held on Australia’s East Coast.
I call on a range of methodologies in my work. These includes being trained and certified as a facilitator in methodologies like the Core Profile process which is a therapeutic application from the Core Paradigm and I am a certified Level 2 PACT Therapist - The Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT) developed by Stan Tatkin.
I am also trained in Transactional Analysis (TA), which is a theory of personality. TA describes how people are structured psychologically and its best-known feature is the ego-state (Parent-Adult-Child) model. This model helps us understand and explains how people function and express their personality in their behavior.
Combined with other modalities and theories, I have used TA as the foundation of my clinical thinking to support people who want to create transformation in their lives. I have had the privilege of working closely with people and witnessing them experiencing profound growth in intimacy, love, connection and happiness.
The extensive training I have undertaken allows me to work flexibly with individuals, couples and corporate professionals to identify repetitive patterns of behaviors and to change psychological structures that promote personal growth in relationships and in my client's careers.
Although I only work with adults my special interests lie in issues around attachment, security and supporting the robust development of children’s personalities. I also enjoy working with the importance of self-esteem, loving relationships and the tensions we experience around the push-and-pull of power and vulnerability.
Named as one of the top 34 bloggers and advocates for mental health across the world I continue to write and speak about relationships and their impact on mental health.
- Diploma of Counselling & Communication - Australian College of Applied Psychcology (Qld)
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis - Australian Centre for Integrative Studies (Psychotherapy Strand) (N.S.W.)
- Psychosomatic Therapist & Body Mind Analyst Certification - Australian Institute of Body Mind Analysis & Psychosomatic Therapy. (Qld)
- Accredited Core Profile Process Facilitator. (Qld)
Additional Training 2015/2016:
- Wired For Love: A Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT) Institute - Level 1 Trained by Dr. Stan Tatkin Psy.D. (Sydney)
- Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT Institute - Level 2 - Dr. Stan Tatkin Psy. D. (Canada)
- Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT Institute - Level 3 (Currently in ongoing training) - Dr. Stan Tatkin Psy. D. (USA).
- Australian Association of Transactional Analysis (AATA)
- Psychotherapists & Counsellors Federation of Australia (Fully Registered Clinical Member No. 21639 for over 15 years)
- International Transactional Analysis Association (ITAA)
- The International Association for Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy (IARPP)
See Melissa here. Melissa was so honoured to be asked by Channel 9's Today Extra to come on the show and discuss why couples argue and what to do about it!