about melissa ferrari
"Melissa's knowledge of human behaviour is vast. Her insights are truly amazing and her understanding is profound."
- Cheryl Keyes, Core Profile Trainer and Psychosomatic Therapist
When choosing a couple therapist it's important to ensure they are registered with governing associations like the Psychotherapists And Counsellors Federation of Australia (PACFA) with membership of the The Australian College of Relationship Counsellors which requires strict standards for Couple Therapists in Australia. It is important the therapist you choose has relationship or couple therapy training & supervision as it is different to individual therapy and requires certain skills. Always ask if your therapist is trained in couple therapy or relationship counselling. This is particularly important if you are booking through a centre that assigns a contracted counsellor for you. Click here for a link to Australian Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists where I am a registered member also. I welcome any questions regarding training required in Couple Therapy.
Melissa Ferrari is a Sydney registered psychotherapist and counsellor with more than 20 years of experience in couples counselling and individual therapy. She is one of Australia’s most sought-after therapists and is regularly called upon as a relationship expert in national media.
Melissa uses a range of proven approaches in her practice, and is one of few therapists in the country to have received training from American clinician and researcher Stan Tatkin, who is one of the world’s most renowned pioneers in couples counselling. He is the founder of the PACT Training Institute and the developer of the PACT method - Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy, which is an approach Melissa uses in her practice. Melissa is also a Clinical Member of the Australian College Of Relationship Counsellors.
Known for her warmth and engaging personality, Melissa’s ability to identify and help people work through many of the key issues facing couples today has had a profound and transformative effect on many of her clients’ lives. She has helped thousands of individuals and couples gain insight into their relationship problems, resolve ongoing conflict and work towards maintaining and developing a loving relationship.
Through private sessions (individually or as a couple) as well as through intensive retreats Melissa helps couples decipher their behaviour patterns and recognise their partner’s own patterns to promote change and personal growth, to help couples move towards love, intimacy, connection and happiness together.
Located in Penrith she continues to help those locally as well as many who travel from afar.
Don’t give up on your relationship - let Melissa help you transform it!
- Diploma of Counselling & Communication - Australian College of Applied Psychology
- Advanced Training Diploma in Transactional Analysis - Australian Centre for Integrative Studies (Psychotherapy)
- Psychosomatic Therapist & Body Mind Analyst Certification - Australian Institute of Body Mind Analysis & Psychosomatic Therapy.
- Accredited Core Profile Process Facilitator.
Most Recent Training:
- Wired For Love: A Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT) Institute - Level 1 Trained by Dr. Stan Tatkin Psy.D. (Sydney) 2013 & (Melbourne) 2017
- Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT) Institute - Level 2 - Dr. Stan Tatkin Psy. D. (Canada) 2014 & (Melbourne) 2017
- Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT) Institute - Level 3 Candidate - Dr. Stan Tatkin Psy. D. (USA) 2016
- Australian College Of Relationship Counsellors (Registered Clinical Member)
- Member of International Center for Clinical Excellence - ICEE
- Australian Association of Transactional Analysis (AATA)
- Psychotherapists & Counsellors Federation of Australia (Registered Clinical Member No. 21639)
- International Association Transactional Analysis
- The International Association for Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy (IARPP)